eigene Beiträge| neueste Beiträge| ungelesene Beiträge| unbeantwortete Beiträge| aktive Themen| Fördermitgliedschaft| Cockerpage

PSP: Warum fuer den naechsten Event keine Location da ist

Forum zu amerikanischen Paintball Serien
Ben
Site Admin
Site Admin
ForumBadges: Bild

PSP: Warum fuer den naechsten Event keine Location da ist

13.07.2005 17:15

4th Event
I'll address a few things here.

First - Chris Raehl does not work for PSP. He owns and operates the APPA, which is contracted by PSP to handles classifications of players, scheduling of games, and the registration of teams into the event. He is no more or less informed of things outside of these areas than anyone else who doesn't work with PSP.

The Nemacolin venue was cancelled because of a lack of hotel rooms in the area. There were two conventioned that booked most rooms in the area on the dates we had scheduled. Nothing Nemacolin could do. Nothing we could do, except move the dates. I did this. And suddenly 84 Lumber (the guy who owns Nemacolin also owns 84 Lumber) had to change their annual meeting, and guess what dates they chose?

So, we found another venue - closer to Pittsburgh. We went through the process of secureing the venue. It was at a college. The same college the Pittsburgh Steelers have their training camp at. It seemed great being that there would be media and other spectators already on site. Everything seemed fine until Thursday the 23rd. While in Chicago at the tournament, I get a call saying the school chancellor had changed his mind and did not want us to play while the Steelers were there.

So, I have had 12 days (with a holiday weekend involved) to try to find a venue. I spend last week making calls to set up meetings. I leave in the morning to fly to Pittsburgh to make one last effort to get the college venue worked out. I leave there tomorrow night for Philly to meet with a possible venue there. I leave there the next morning to make 3 stops in NJ over the weekend, and from there I go to Charloote to look at a venue. Then I go back to Philly to speak with another group about their location.

I hate the confusion and problems. And I certainly sympathis. I, too, had flights booked for most of my staff. Some of you may not realize - but I fly 20+ people to the events as well. Many have other jobs, school, families, etc. These complications affect me as well. I know it's different than teams, and I'm not trying to say it's the same. But, I just want you guys to know that this isn't just something that I take lightly.

I am doing everything that I can to try to keep the event in Pittsburgh. I know people have booked flights. I am doing everything I can to keep the dates the same as scheduled. I know people have taken time off. But, in all honesty, that is looking more and more like an impossible task.

I want to add that Nemacolin made efforts to change OTHER events so that we could return. They enjoyed having us there, and truly wanted paintball back. And, they were still willing to have us. I made the decision to forgo that venue, and have players staying 45 miles away, BECAUSE of my concern for the players. And, I had an agreement worked out with another venue.

The second venue absolutely blindsided me. It isn't you guys fault. And I hate that you may feel the effects of it. But, I have no idea what I could have done. I thought I was making the best decisions for the masses and things changed.

I hope to have concrete information next week. I have cancelled my families vactation to make this trip. (if anyone knows of any available women looking for a date, I may be available soon) I will make every effort to have something settle when I return.

Now the big decision is ---

Do I continue to to look for a venue in the Pennsylvania area, so that I don't alienate the people who have made plans in that area - even if it doesn't happen quickly and details aren't available until later? That would mean leaving everyone who hasn't made plans waiting in the wings.

or

Do I make the decision to move the event to North Carolina (I am 99% positive that we can use the Charlotte venue) and have a confirmed venue and date so everyone can makes definite plans? This would mean the people who tried to do things early and people in the PA area who have scheduled time off to drive to the event will feel that they got the shaft.

Either way - I am sure I will be the bad guy to one group or the other. Tough call to make.

I'll take the heat. I've gotten used to it. But, I won't take the heat for what Chris Raehl says. You guys stop associating Chris' opinions and editorial with the PSP's way of thinking. They are not one in the same.

Even when Raehl is right, he just says things so abrasively. He's just a Yankee and can't help it

Quelle: PbNation

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Zurück zu „NPPL/PSP 2005“