eigene Beiträge| neueste Beiträge| ungelesene Beiträge| unbeantwortete Beiträge| aktive Themen| Fördermitgliedschaft| Cockerpage

Amerikanische Ligen News

z.B. NXL europe / NXL asia / NXL USA / CPL / etc.
Florian
Der alte Mann und das Hub
ForumBadges: Bild

Amerikanische Ligen News

09.12.2008 20:25

oughout the course of the week/end we have heard tons of talk regarding 2009 and where teams are going to end up playing. While Pacific Paintball is working on selling itself off to the highest bidder (Bruce is said to be asking for $1,000,000.00 USD for the NPPL brand, fields, nets, etc.), many leagues are popping up to provide teams a chance to prove themselves.

Over the course of the last several months we’ve heard several mentions of a new regional 7-man league being formed up by two Pro franchises. While an official announcement is said to be coming this week, we’ve heard this new series will be focused in and around California with Rookie, Intermediate, and Novice classes. Entry will be consistent with that of the XPSL, but this time around novice teams will be competing for a guaranteed $6,000.00 prize purse. Teams will be competing for what we will refer to as NPPL-level prize money at XPSL-prices. A major bonus of this new league; the well respected Sacramento XSV and San Diego Aftermath pro teams will be judging & refereeing the series. This is an important facet of the league as many teams competing regionally and nationally have blamed bad ref calls as a reason for ending participation. Having high quality, skilled judges with knowledge of the game and the rules will definitely prove to be a competitive advantage in the days to come. We wish Mike & Rich a successful 2009 and look forward to more information regarding the league.

Just a few minutes ago we received word that the GPL/GPXL is expanding from the Northeast region to Nationwide in order to fill the void of the NPPL. The GPL seems to be trying to form regional leagues with local fields that teams can compete through the season and then offer a grand finale “GPL Cup” for the teams that qualified. Good luck to Brian and Cyndi and the rest of the folks at the GPL.

The PSP spent last week and part of the weekend trying to formulate a plan for 2009. Its hard to keep up, but we keep hearing talk of the PSP ditching the X-Ball brand (name, not format) and renaming the format to control brand rights to the series. We’ve also heard talk of removing the X, increasing the field from 5 players to 6 (or if your from the NPPL land, from 7 to 6), and ditching the NXL to create a new Pro and Semi pro division. With regards to the Pro & Semi Pro divisions, the PSP has tossed around the idea that they would allow “first come, first serve” with a capped team list at 15. Entry fees for the new pro series are said to be no lower than $2,000 and not to exceed $5,000.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Florian

09.12.2008 20:26

PSP Pro & Semi Pro to be limited to 12 teams. Hurricanes to join the PSP, Joy Division is considering returning to the US to play PRO. BPS for Pro & Semi Pro; 12bps, D1-D3 10bps, D4-D5 8bps
quellen: nation, reserve, und die anderen ;)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Florian

09.12.2008 20:26

Over the past two months, PSP had been in discussions with Pacific Paintball in an attempt to work together to ease expenses for players, teams, and the industry moving into the 2009 Season. The closing of Pacific Paintball last week came as a surprise for us as well. It is a regrettable situation that a group of uniquely talented people were not able to sustain a viable business in our industry. However, PSP will continue to move forward in our efforts to maintain a competitive national tournament scene for the players, teams, and industry, regardless of the current economic trends.

PSP is working to make adjustments within the league to assist with the financial state of teams and the industry in light of the US’s current economic situation and the state of industry sponsorship. We are taking into consideration the general trends we've noted in tournament participation throughout the US. And last, but not least, we have to take into consideration what we need as a company to stay in business.

We are also working on ways to ease the transition for any teams and companies wishing to join the PSP moving forward. We have no intention of raising entry fees or prices. Several changes are being discussed at this time which we hope will prove beneficial to all involved parties. More information will be available through our website at www.pspevents.com in the coming days and weeks as changes are finalized.

Sincerely,

Lane Wright

Chief Operations Officer
Paintball Sports Promotions

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Florian

09.12.2008 22:10

Bild
PSP Pro division - 8 Players per Team! Max!

As if the NPPL’s departure wasn’t a big enough hit to professional paintball world, this morning we heard that the PSP, in conjunction with limiting Pro Paintball to 12 teams, has capped the team rosters to 8 rostered players per event.

Below we have provided an example of what the Los Angeles Ironmen (2008 World Cup Champions) roster would look like if these changes go into effect:

Now we ask you, the players; how do you feel about these proposed changes? The PSP has effectively limited the number of professional athletes to 96 players! Does it make sense to close the door on the established rank of talented athletes and teams? Should the PSP open up the bracket to more teams, such as 18 (as per the NPPL) or 20+?

Most importantly, what happens to the growing number of pro players and teams that will be put out to pasture over night? Where will you go, and what will you do?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Florian

09.12.2008 22:12

Ne' super Idee, zwei verletzen sich, müssen aufhören oder können nicht und dann?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Guard
X-Baller
X-Baller

09.12.2008 22:18

8 pro event ... das ist nicht viel anderst als auf der millennium mit 9 pro event

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Florian

09.12.2008 22:20

hmm, joar sind halt mehr punkte zu spielen, 15 oder 20 minuten habsch schon wieder vergessen.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
EatThatPaint
Mugger
Mugger
Trusted Seller: BildBild

09.12.2008 22:57

die magische Zahl 8:

- 8 Players
- 8 bps [okay Div 4/5]

hmm

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Sayajin
X-Baller
X-Baller

09.12.2008 23:25

Sollen die Amis doch 8 Bps oder 5 machen solange wir hier zu Lande nicht meinen es nach machen zu müssen!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
AlphaKevin
Pöbler vom Dienst
Pöbler vom Dienst
XtraBadges:
zeigen

10.12.2008 01:49

zustimm...

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
TheRazor
Podbitch
Podbitch

10.12.2008 08:05

ich halte von diesen ganzen bps beschränkungen nicht sehr viel.

klar 20+ ist schwachsinn aber die 15 sind ganz ok. also wozu auf 12 oder 8 herunter? damit man wieder mit ner tippe98 und nem schüttelhopper spielen kann?

gleichzeitig bauen die hersteller guns und hopper die 40bps hinbekommen. irgendwas läuft hier schief.
ist wie formel 1 mit tempolimit 200 (hoffentlich hört das der ecclestone nicht)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
kurzer
X-Baller
X-Baller

10.12.2008 08:20

Sayajin hat geschrieben:Sollen die Amis doch 8 Bps oder 5 machen solange wir hier zu Lande nicht meinen es nach machen zu müssen!
Long du hast eins vergessen...drüben haben se auch zuerst mit dem 15BPS angefangen....und Europa hat nachgezogen in kürzester Zeit sogar....

Wie wäre es mit dem Revival von Pumpen ?.....scheinbar geht da alles zurück....können gleich Musket Ball einführen...also Ghettisburg....

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
icp-ms
Rain Man
Rain Man
ForumBadges: BildBildBild
XtraBadges:
zeigen

10.12.2008 09:21

Einerseits lustig, jetzt könnte man natürlich Mille mit der ollen Mag oder Mech-spyder spielen. Aber sicher sind diese Firmen nicht unter den Mille Supporten ^^

Aber 8 Bps sind echt ein Witz. Jetzt kann man wieder sein Board einschicken, da die meissten ja nach der letzten änderung nur bis 10Bps runter gehen. Echt ein Witz... Ein schlechter

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
wolfman.at
Rec-Baller
Rec-Baller

10.12.2008 09:46

werdet alle sehen in einem jahr spielen wir auch 12-8 verlasst euch drauf.Wo es nicht jetzt schon gespielt wird in Austria schon das Ganze jehr 12 und das in der 1.div. also würde es mich nicht wundern wenn wir auch das mitmachen würden.
Bin gespannt ob der arbeitsdruck auch noch verändert wird bzw. die FPS auf 150 runtergeht.ironie.

cya Wolf

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
EatThatPaint
Mugger
Mugger

10.12.2008 11:53

8er.. dann hören sich die "tollen neuen luxe,ego,geo,dm9,pm9" Farbspritzen ja mal richtig lächerlich an!
wer braucht bei den drohenden Caps eigentlich die Weiterentwicklung noch besserer effizienterer Guns, Hoppers, HP Sys..
für die Händler könnte das auch derbe werden.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
EatThatPaint
Mugger
Mugger

10.12.2008 11:59

schafft man die 8 balls konstant^^
jetzt haben sich viele den Rotor geholt,.. könnten aber wieder den alten Evo auspacken.. :lool: , ohjeee wenn das kommen sollte..
Zuletzt geändert von EatThatPaint am 10.12.2008 12:04, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
T@nk
Will hier nur verkaufen

10.12.2008 12:04

Naja, jetz weiss man wenigstens wieso die Mille nurnoch lizensierte Markierer zulassen will, weil sonst die Hersteller ihre High End Markierer nichmehr los werden. Für 8 bps braucht man nunmal keine Ego oder sonstwas.
Wobei ich sagen muss, die braucht man auch für 12 oder 15 nich unbedingt. -.-

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
kurzer
X-Baller
X-Baller

10.12.2008 12:55

EatThatPaint hat geschrieben:schafft man die 8 balls konstant^^
jetzt haben sich viele den Rotor geholt,.. könnten aber wieder den alten Evo auspacken.. :lool: , ohjeee wenn das kommen sollte..
Revo....Revo...der reicht bald wieder....oder aber sie nehmen den Ooooooold school Autofeeder !

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Reaper
Semi
Semi

10.12.2008 14:27

mhhh da überleg ich mir ja glatt nochmal mir ne high end knifte zu kaufen... ne spyder reicht ja locker .... !

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Vari
Rec-Baller
Rec-Baller

10.12.2008 15:29

die leute werden sich trotzdem immer die neuesten kniften kaufen, niemand "braucht" jedes jahr ne neue knifte, zumindest nicht weil er sonst aufm feld irgendwelche nachteile hätte ;)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Florian

10.12.2008 20:17

New 7-Man League WCPPL

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We are proud to announce that a new 7-Man League, West Coast Paintball Players League, will be holding 5 events in 2009. This league will consist of 4 divisions, (Rookie, Intermediate, Novice and Amateur). It will also have an APPA ID and registration system, to create comfort and ease for teams and captains playing. Reffing will be done by non-biased professional players who are not playing in the league.

Entry fee's will go as follows
Rookie $900.00
Intermediate $1200.00
Novice $1400.00
Amateur $1900.00

Prizes
Rookie Over 10,000.00 dollars in prizes
Intermediate Guaranteed
1st 4,000.00 Cash
2nd 2,000.00 Cash
3rd 1,000.00 Cash
4th 500.00 Cash
Novice
1st 6,000.00 Cash
2nd 3,000.00 Cash
3rd 1,500.00 Cash
4th 750.00 Cash
Am/Semi Pro (8 team min)
1st 5,000.00 Cash
2nd 2,500.00 Cash
3rd 1,250.00 Cash
4th 625.00 Cash
There will be an appropriate percentage increase for every team over 8 teams.

Event 1
March 13-15 SC Village

Further Dates To Be Announced. Locations are secure now we are just waiting on the PSP dates for the teams that are crossing over so they don't conflict.

Also A players council will be formed at the first event to deal with league issues that may come up.

Within the next few weeks, http://www.wcppl.com will be up and running with league updates, APPA ID and online registration for teams.

I appreciate all the support teams have had so far and i look forward to working with the players at the WCPPL in 2009! posted in west forum by Mike Hinman

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
EatThatPaint
Mugger
Mugger

12.12.2008 16:00

kurzer hat geschrieben: Musket Ball einführen...also Ghettisburg....
Oklahoma DDay rüstet um.. 2.WK Szenario wird umgebaut auf ein BürgerkriegsAreal a la Ghettisburg mit Hinterladern.

is dann auch ein sparsamer Spass / Paint^^

sry.. BTT

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Florian

28.12.2008 00:30

Originally Posted by TheMahone2491
Lane I think you should show us numbers. If I see data that proves that lowering the ROF is beneficial to the player and makes a SIGNIFICANT cut in cost Ill support this along with the rest of the players. But right not you calling us ignorant and telling us you aren't sure if we will play for long isn't helping. So far what you have presented to us is a load of horse ****.

Now come in here and flame me and tell me I don't know **** because its just going to make you look bad. You run the only national professionals paintball league in this country and YOU are held to a higher standard. Its not fair but thats the way it is. Act like the professional that I KNOW you are and quit calling out all of your players. If they post ignorant **** don't respond but if its a well thought out post and you feel you could help clear something up go for it.
Lane Wright hat geschrieben: First, I want to clear up the "ignorant" comment. I meant ignorant as it is defined -- unaware because of a lack of relevant information or knowledge

If you're me to present you with the "numbers" of other companies in order to gain your trust, that isn't something that I can do.

I can give you this number -- a group of people who contribute 1.1 million into our 2.4 million dollar operating budget say they want a lower ROF. When it gets right down to it, that's the basis of the decision.

I agree with their interpretation of THEIR numbers and why this is what they want. I also recognize that above and beyond what they pay PSP, they put additional millions into the teams. What they want is paramount in what I do going forward. It has to be.

You are correct that I should probably "act" a little more professional. But it would be just that - an act. I'm not professional. I don't pretend to be professional. Honestly, I don't think it is either one of the more important or more highly regarded qualities needed to do my job well.

I don't dress professionally. I don't look professional. I don't act professional. I'm not a professional. I am a paintball player who happens to get into a position to make decisions for PSP.

The rate of fire is going to be lowered. That is an absolute fact.

You guys can talk about it, complain about it, discuss the heck out of it. But the fact remains, I believe that the best thing to do for all involved is to lower the ROF.

I didn't make this decision one night at dinner. This has been discussed and thought about for months.

I have information that isn't, nor is it going to be, available to the masses. That's just the way it is.

The game will still be fun for just about everyone. The best teams will still win. The best players will still be the best players. Tournament paintball will go on. Next year no one will be complaining about this. 5 years from now, no one will even remember this. I have been through dozens and dozens of changes that "everyone" said exactly this same type stuff about. Just about every one of those decisions was a good decision.

The 2 that i think were wrong --

Separating the NXL from everything.
Increasing the rate of fire because we had the technology.

Both are being corrected (my opinion).

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Elrond Mc.Bong
Podbitch
Podbitch

28.12.2008 15:54

Hoffentlich schwappt das nicht auch wieder zu uns rüber.

Irgendwie raffe ich den Trend nicht, die Guns und Hopper werden immer schneller aber die Rof auf Turnieren wird runtergefahren.

Nervt doch ganz schön sich jedes Jahr n neues Board kaufen zu müssen, nur weil die Knarre 1-2 Bälle zu schnell läuft

Ansonsten kann ich ja nächste Saison wieder Pumpe, Automag oder die Urzeitliche VM68 auspacken :rock:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Florian

28.12.2008 17:15

Elrond Mc.Bong hat geschrieben:Hoffentlich schwappt das nicht auch wieder zu uns rüber.

Irgendwie raffe ich den Trend nicht, die Guns und Hopper werden immer schneller aber die Rof auf Turnieren wird runtergefahren.

Nervt doch ganz schön sich jedes Jahr n neues Board kaufen zu müssen, nur weil die Knarre 1-2 Bälle zu schnell läuft

Ansonsten kann ich ja nächste Saison wieder Pumpe, Automag oder die Urzeitliche VM68 auspacken :rock:
Lies mal den Thread "Was haben wir unserem Spiel angetan". Da könntest Du eine Erklärung dafür finden.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Zurück zu „Ligen / Serien im Ausland“