eigene Beiträge| neueste Beiträge| ungelesene Beiträge| unbeantwortete Beiträge| aktive Themen| Fördermitgliedschaft| Cockerpage

Upgradeset für die Timmy

Insight, Victory, G6R, Intimidator, Marq, Vice, Protege
Bild

HorstdieWorst
Mugger
Mugger

Upgradeset für die Timmy

09.06.2004 11:28

Quelle: www.paintballtimes.com
Infos über dieses Upgradeset von RMR und ein Interview mit dem Besitzer.

The Bob Long Intimidator has become one of the most renowned paintball markers in the sport of paintball today. Since it’s debut, paintball players ranging from recreational all the way up to the most aggressive tourney ballers in the sport today have used the Timmy. With Bob Long keeping busy making his conception better day by day, these guns have become a phenomenol icon.

With the Timmy being one of the few markers today that come ready to rock right out of the box, are there many options as to after market parts? Oh yeah, and with that we introduce one of paintballs rising stars for Timmy upgrades – RMR Paintball.

Recently, I was given the opportunity to talk with Randy Marchetti, owner of RMR paintball and he agreed to send me samples of their Intimidator upgrades. Upgrades such as the Kill Stick (bolt), Ramrod (ram), Lock Down (adjustable ram cap) and the Spike (bolt pin) were sent to me for review. In receiving these upgrades, I asked myself what best describes an upgrade to a gun that many would deem the best out of the box contender made to this day?

In answering this question I came up with a few simple thoughts. Any upgrade for a gun of any type should extend the life of the marker and help improve the performance as well as the efficiency. The upgrades should also look better than stock parts as we all know most stock parts look as though they come off of an assembly line, less concerned about looks rather than performance. Comparing the upgrade parts sent to me by RMR to the existing parts on the Timmy, I can safely say that the product is of high quality and looks great.

Outside of the looks to the RMR upgrades for the Intimidator, the design intent of the parts was to create an efficient upgrade that would closely resemble the stock parts in weight and yet redefine the standards in efficiency and product life. Testing the upgrades I found that these parts were indeed true upgrades to the already awesome performance of the Timmy. The test marker was the Texas Storm Intimidator equipped with the WAS 2.7 board. Other upgrades used to compare the testing were the ShockTech Supa Fly bolt, KAPP Thumper Ram and the KAPP Adjustable Ram Cap.

Comparing upgrades to upgrades is a true test to the RMR products and the R&D that went into them. As it seemed, the RMR ram was much more efficient as it was made in such a way that the weight of the product matched the stock ram and yet the ram bumper was unique. Unlike the KAPP ram and the stock ram having external bumpers, the ram bumper on the RMR ram was inset to the back of the ram. This was great since the stock ram bumpers have a tendency to wear quickly and need replacement. When the ram bumper wears, the Intimidator will experience a problem with the ball dropping into the bolt face causing the gun to double feed. With the new design of the RMR bolt this problem will never happen. Any Timmy owner can appreciate this, since with a gun as fast as the Timmy, double feeding can shift a game win to a loosing situation fast.

The RMR bolt was close to the stock but felt lighter and much more smooth. The surface being as smooth as it was would help in efficiency due to less drag. Also, the bolt shared the design with the stock, containing front and back o-rings but the RMR bolt had a much better design to the flow port. Compared to the ShockTech design, the RMR bolt seemed to score an even vote. With the lack of ball detent slots on the RMR bolt, the ShockTech bolt gained and the RMR bolt lost. However, the fit and finish of the RMR bolt was superb and in some cases the ShockTech bolts have required a slight sanding down to fit the guns breach perfectly. In the end the two after market bolts were far better than stock but compared similar to one another.

The next in line of upgrades was the adjustable ram cap. The RMR cap was another product much like their ram that proves these guys are on top of their research and development. Machined out of stainless steel and built to allow for a seal to the ram sleeve the RMR adjustable ram cap is one of the best built products I have seen for the Timmy yet. The greatest feature to the RMR cap is the two setscrews that allow you to tighten the ram cap down and prevent slippage. This cap will not come loose during the game. Adjust the cap to your desired setting then set the two allen screws. With easy installation this upgrade makes the non-adjustable ram cap found stock on our test Timmy to be a throw away part. If you do not have one of these yet then you do not know what you are missing.

The last upgrade sent in was the Bolt Pull Pin. The RMR Spike was nothing special in way of performance but one cool looking upgrade. The Spike is made of stainless steel and matches the finish of RMR’s adjustable ram cap. With simple instructions for installation the bolt pull pin by RMR was easy to install and looked good. Any Timmy owner that likes the look of a hardened Intimidator with stainless steel upgrades will enjoy the looks of the RMR upgrades.

After receiving the upgrades and testing them I decided to email Randy a few questions. Here were his responses,

PBT - How long have you been associated with the sport of paintball?

Randy - I have been playing for 4 years and I am the owner, captain and back player of the 2003 NPPL rookie champions Team RM. We now have sighned on to Ricochet Hoppers as their factory team for the 2004 NPPL season.

PBT - When and how did you get started with RMR Paintball?

Randy - I own a company called RM Racing. We build high-end performance parts for sports cars. I basically started building these Intimidator parts about 8 months ago out of frustration with the currently available parts or with problems I knew I could fix on the guns. We are a Bob Long sponsored team so we have used the Intimidator exclusively for the past 2 years.

PBT - Do you presently or have future plans for producing aftermarket parts for other style markers?

Randy - Sure I am always open to ideas or suggestions of parts that can be improved on.

PBT - Are there any teams sponsored by RMR Paintball?

Randy - My Team Ricochet factory. I would like to get some other top-level teams on board.

PBT - Has there been an industry leader or professional player that you consider an influence to your company or product?

Randy - Not really. It’s all based on the problems we have had with the Intimidators over the past few years.

PBT - What are your goals for the RMR Paintball? Future goals for both product and company growth.

Randy - To keep building the highest quality parts available.

PBT - Lastly, what pro team would you consider to be a "personal favorite" of yours?

Randy - Not sure...I guess I will have to go with the Naughty Dogs.

With a single-minded goal to manufacture the highest quality products available, RMR Paintball is well on their way to a bright future. After seeing and experiencing the product that they create I would say that their future is indeed looking good.

Special thanks go to Randy at RMR for sending us the free samples of his product for testing. Please feel free to visit RMR Paintball at www.rmrpaintball.com

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
HorstdieWorst
Mugger
Mugger

09.06.2004 11:31

Und hier die Einzelteile mit kurzer Erklärung, Preis und Bild. Infos von www.rmrpaintball.com (der Hersteller).

NEVER HAVE RAM BUMPER PROBLEMS AGAIN...

The RMR RamRod is the only Ram offered for the Intimidator that Finally solves the problem of worn or broken ram bumpers. With the captured bumper its impossible to distort or fall out. You will never get stuck mid game with a bumper problem again.

Don't be fooled by other manufactures rams that are simply replacement parts using the same bumper set up as the stock ram. Some rams offer lighter weight and promote more efficient operation. These rams require the operating pressure of the gun to be increased to make up for the lighter weight and they still use the stock bumper set up.

Features:
-Stainless steel construction
-Captured ram bumper
-Highest quality Viton rubber
-Suggested Retail Price $40.00
-Spare Viton Bumpers Suggested Retail Price $1.00
Dateianhänge
ramrod_part1.jpg
ramrod_part1.jpg (11.17 KiB) 570 mal betrachtet

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
HorstdieWorst
Mugger
Mugger

09.06.2004 11:33

Des weiteren die Endcap....

Another problem solved...

The RMR LockDown Adjustable Intimidator Ram Cap solves the problem of having your gun not work properly due to the ram cap coming loose during play and causing the bolt to miss align with the eyes. The RMR LockDown uses two set screws to secure it in place and is completely adjustable to set your bolt in perfect alignment.

Other caps on the market have no means of securing them in place or use uncommon tools to tighten them down. The RMR LockDown is the only adjustable ram cap using a common Allen key to lock the ram cap securely in place and adjust the bolt alignment.

Features:
-100% Stainless construction
-Fully adjustable
-Two lock set screws
-Uses standard Allen key
-Suggested Retail $30.00
Dateianhänge
lockdown_part1.jpg
lockdown_part1.jpg (5.73 KiB) 564 mal betrachtet
lockdown_part2.jpg
lockdown_part2.jpg (14.89 KiB) 564 mal betrachtet

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
HorstdieWorst
Mugger
Mugger

09.06.2004 11:35

Und wieder eins...

OK this one is just for the hell of it but it looks killer. The RMR Spike Intimidator Pull Pin looks great and works with all Intimidator bolts and body styles.

Features:
-100% Stainless construction
-Installs with stock hardware
-Fits all body styles and bolts
-Suggested Retail $15.00
Dateianhänge
spike_part1.jpg
spike_part1.jpg (3.34 KiB) 559 mal betrachtet
lockdown_part3.jpg
lockdown_part3.jpg (14.89 KiB) 561 mal betrachtet

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
HorstdieWorst
Mugger
Mugger

09.06.2004 11:36

Und das letzte...

Simply the best bolt on the market...
We took all the best features available and combined them to make the KillStick Intimidator Bolt. This bolt is truly the best available with features that include single high flow port, front and center O-rings, and a supper slick machined finish for low drag. The KillStick is available complete with our Spike Pull Pin assembly or without for use with your supplied pull pin.

Features
- Front and center 0-rings
- Ultra smooth finish
- Highest quality material
- High flow port

Pricing
KillStick with Spike
Suggested retail $45.00

KillStick only
Suggested retail $30.00
Dateianhänge
killstick_part1.jpg
killstick_part1.jpg (10.6 KiB) 554 mal betrachtet

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
HorstdieWorst
Mugger
Mugger

09.06.2004 11:56

Nun zur ersten Bewertung, leider nur Anhand dessen, wa sich gelesen habe und auf den Bildern sehe...

Das Ram: Die Idee mit dem Bumper ist nicht zu verachten. Ich persönlich habe damit zwar keine Probleme, da ich vor jedem ernst zu nehmenden Termin meine Gun nochmal komplett auf Herz und Nieren teste, aber trotzdem kann man´s nicht verachten. Frage ist nun nur, ob der "Kontaktgeber" der Endcap zur Ram jetzt im allgemeinen genormt ist, oder ob der anderer Endcaps auf diesen hier nicht passt. Bei einer alten Ram mit externem Bumper war die Grösse relativ egal weil der Bumper ohnehin grösser war und so das Problem Metall auf Metall behob. Ich hoffe ihr wisst, was ich meine, aber der Bumper scheint mir hier doch im Ram versenkt zu sein. Haben wir jetzt eine Endcap mit zu grossem "Kontaktkopf" zur Ram dann wird nicht der Bumper sonder der "Arsch" des Rams getroffen. Bestimmt nicht so toll. Ausserdem gibt es ja schon Endcaps mit eingebautem Bumper. Ein weiterer Punkt sind die vielen neuen O-Ringe. Ich frage mich ernsthaft, was dadurch verbessert werden soll, aber ich WEISS jetzt schon, dass es der Horror jeden Techs und der Liebling jedes O-Ring-Herstellers sein wird. Woher zum Henker soll man wissen, welcher O-Ring es ist, wenns da zischt?? :D

Die Endcap: Die Frage bleibt nach wie vor offen, ob es konform ist. Allerdings gabs die Möglichkeit der beiden Arretierschrauben schon vorher.

Der "Spike": Spielerrei und Blickfang, aber da hat RMR ja schon mit seinem Kommentar vorgegriffen. Allerdings wird die Gothik-Gemeinde aufjubeln und RMR zu Ehren ein Kaninchen opfern... schade Fossy, das DU keine Timmy mehr hast (wer hat die denn??), das wär doch was für dich...

Der Bolt: Sieht schick aus... dass muss man ihm lassen, ist aber Ansichtssache.... sonst ist er wie die anderen "guten" auch aufgebaut. Allerdings: Wie schon im Artickel/Interview erwähnt, fehlen die Einbuchtungen für die Balldetends wie ich sie (auch von meinem) Shocktech Bolt her kenne. Das wird den einen oder anderen Balldetend mit sich reissen und ist verbesserungswürdig. Nachtrag: Mir viel gerade die Frage ein, woraus ist der Bolt eigentlich?? Wenn er ebenbürtig sein soll, müsste er ja aus Delrin sein, aber weder im Interview, noch in der Produktbeschreibung finde ich dazu Infos. Schade.

Soviel dazu. Ich werde RMR auch anschreiben und mal fragen, was sie zur Kompatibilität zu anderen Endcaps sagen und ob es sich um einen Delrin-Bolzen handelt. Oder hat schon gar jemand dieses Set erstanden und weiss Bescheid??

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Zurück zu „Bob Long“