eigene Beiträge| neueste Beiträge| ungelesene Beiträge| unbeantwortete Beiträge| aktive Themen| Fördermitgliedschaft| Cockerpage

A1 Magno Kit

Angel
Bild

Florian
Der alte Mann und das Hub
ForumBadges: Bild

A1 Magno Kit

07.03.2008 21:10

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Florian
Der alte Mann und das Hub
ForumBadges: Bild

26.05.2008 23:44

Here's the pics I took over the weekend.

What arrived in the package from LPS was the Magno Valve, and the Fly ram assembly. The valve was in retail packaging, the ram was just in a plastic bag:
Bild

The whole assembly will be arranged in the gun something like this:
Bild

And, of course, what use is an internal upgrade if you can't brag about it at the field? To that end, the new endcap for the valve has markings to show how cool you are:
Bild
I was disappointed that the ram didn't come with a new breach knob for added bling value; you have to remove the knob from the old ram and fit it to the new one.

Comparing the new parts side by side with the stock internals can be interesting. The rams:
Bild
and the valves:
Bild

Now some more detail. The rams don't look very different, except for the reduced mass of the hammer. But there are differences, which can be felt by moving the ramshaft in and out of the housing by hand. The fit around the neck (the one without an internal o-ring) seems closer on the new ram, which may improve air efficiency on the return stroke. And there is more resistance towards the retracted position, which suggests that the bore of the housing is not constant but slightly reduced where the ram o-ring is in the rearward position. The bolt will no longer flop freely backwards and forwards in a degassed marker. This change probably allows for better sealing at lower pressure, but still allows free movement once the hammer starts moving forward.

The valve is much more clearly different. The spring is replaced by a pair of rare earth magnets, one in the valve stem and one in the end of the stalk protuding inwards from the end cap, which repel each other to hold the valve closed. But there is a lot more than just a couple of magnets in this upgrade, the valve has been redesigned for better flow and smoother action overall. The Fly valve stem is narrowed to allow more air around it:
Bild
and the valve body has an enlarged bore, a deeper milled transfer port, and a dished sealing face, all of which ought to improve flow considerably:
Bild
The other thing you will notice immediately is the white rubber bumper attached to the rear end of the valve body. Made of quite a soft material, it will cushion the impact of the hammer to reduce kick, and may add some energy to the return stroke of the ram.

I won't post details of how to fit the valve and ram, the manual already has full instructions on this; suffice it to say that it requires the gun to be almost totally dismantled. As the recommended LPR pressure for the new setup is apparently around 55psi, I removed one shim from the LPR as I reassembled, which should drop the pressure to around the right level. After testing I may be able to lower the LPR even further.

I haven't been able to shoot paint with the new setup yet, but dryfiring the gun seems to cycle a little more smoothly and with less kick. The main thing I'm interested in seeing is air efficiency with the new valve; the A1 has never been the most efficient of guns and a couple of extra pots' worth of play time off a fill would be welcome.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
TZA
Mugger
Mugger

26.05.2008 23:50

Sieht echt nice aus. Bin gespannt wies funzt...

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
icp-ms
Rain Man
Rain Man
ForumBadges: BildBildBild
XtraBadges:
zeigen

27.05.2008 09:21

hatte WDP nicht erst geprahlt, wie toll leichtgänging die Ram ist, dass sie drucklos samt Bolzen hin und her wabbelt und jetzt nimmt man die Änderung wieder zurück?

Erinnert mich ans Chops (oder wie der Pinöpel hiess) und andere WDP innovationen

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Crazy Kraut
Will hier nur verkaufen

27.05.2008 09:33

Wie oft haben die schon das Valve, Ram und sonstiges geändert, mittlerweile sieht das Valve wieder fast wie aus der alten LCD aus. Echter Fortschritt :doh:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
TZA
Mugger
Mugger

27.05.2008 09:34

Cops hiess dat ;)

Naja mal sehen. So wie es sich anhört ist es ja nur in einem sehr kurzen Bereich etwas schwergängiger um besser abzudichten. We will see...

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Ga
Gast

27.05.2008 12:31

kickt weniger ohne paint? ahja schon klar

Link:
BBcode:
HTML: